15.8 F
Detroit
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
More

    Latest Posts

    School district declined offer to review Oxford shooting


    Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Monday night that school officials have rejected her offer to review the shooting at Oxford High School last week that left four students dead and injured seven other people.

    Nessel, the state’s top law enforcement official, communicated her offer to the Oxford Community School District via email Saturday after Superintendent Tim Throne requested a third-party review of the incident and the events leading up to it. 

    “I am extremely disappointed that the school district chose to decline my offer to devote the full resources of the Department of Attorney General to review the events leading up to and on November 30th,” she said in a statement. “This tragedy demands a united effort from all of us who serve the Oxford community.”

    Oxford Community Schools spokeswoman Danielle Stublensky did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday night.

    Throne has worked to address rumors surrounding the shooting Tuesday, which happened hours after the 15-year-old suspect, Ethan Crumbley, met with his parents and school counselors. During the meeting, they discussed a drawing a teacher found on the teen’s desk that reportedly included a bullet and the words “blood everywhere.”

    Latest Posts

    spot_imgspot_img

    Don't Miss

    Stay in touch

    To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.