June Michigan Events and Things to Do | By Sherry Trautman | Traveling Michigan at Travel-Mi.com
The ULTIMATE SOURCE of 2021 Michigan events, Festivals and fun things to do in Michigan in June!
Grab our Boredom Zapping Ideas for things to do in Michigan in Summer!
Best Southwest Michigan events monthly calendar. See what’s happening in Michigan today!
Destinations: Detroit, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Houghton Lake, Midland, South Haven, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Marquette, Upper Peninsula and more!
Plan your June Michigan trip or vacation around Michigan festivals and events!
We work really hard finding and updating all of these events-it takes weeks of effort to compile these events all in one place!
Spring is here and the world is all abloom! I love love seeing all the buds busting open, the grass is finally green and the trees are once again waving their glorious leaves. The world is reborn and ready for exploration and discovery!
Join us on Instagram where I’ve posted all of our June Michigan adventures! We hope you enjoy our June Michigan events and fun things to do! And as always, if you have an event that you would like listed, let us know here!
When is the best time of year to visit Michigan?
Well, being a Michigander, I love all seasons, but June, July and August have my heart! The weather in June is around 70 – 80 degrees. I love going to our best beaches, attend festivals across the state, enjoy car shows, play at state fairs and eat as much bbq outside on the grill as possible!
June Michigan Events and Festivals 2021
There are so many June Michigan events to see, do and explore!! No way you will be bored!
- Michigan Lavender Festival, June 4-5, 2021. I love this festival! There will be lavender presentations, workshops and demonstrations, as well as a lavender farm experience. Shop over 175 Artists + Makers with upscale, handmade goods. Location: Eastern Michigan State Fair, 195 Midway St, Imlay City, Michigan. I have gone to this festival and it was an AMAZING experience! Can you say lavender ice cream?!)
- Jim Henson Exhibition at The Henry Ford: June 5, 2021 – Sept. 6, 2021, Time: 9:30 am – 5 pm
- Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix– June 5, 2021 – IMSA || June 12-13, 2021 – INDYCAR. The 32st Grand Prix event in Detroit will take place at the Raceway at Belle Isle Park. Buy your tickets early! We love attending this May Michigan event each year! We buy our tickets early!
- Krusin Klasic Fun Run, June 4-June 5, 2021, Fun Run Car Show and Swap Meet, Escanaba.
- Lake Bluff Artisan Faire, June 5, 2021, Lake Bluff Park, St. Joe, 10 am–5 pm Free!
- Hippie Fest, June 5, 2021, Kalamazoo Expo Center, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 12–7 pm. Featuring live music, bohemian shopping, vintage hippie car show, DIY tie-dye, giant bubble garden, cirque performers, kids activities, delicious food, and so much more.
- Classic Car Show, June 5-6, 2021, Midland County Fairgrounds. Mid Michigan’s Largest Car Show, 6905 Eastman, Midland, MI. Fun June Michigan event and festival!
- Pinckney’s Art in the Park, June 5, 6 2021 (always the first weekend following Memorial Day). Putnam Township Square in Downtown Pinckney. This fun event draws 15,000 spectators for two days of shopping, entertainment, food and fun for the family. Love buying one-of-a-kind art? Over 100 fine artists and crafters will have their pieces ready for you!
- Summer Art Fair, June 5-6, 2021. The art fair is held outdoors on Main street in Downtown Midland Michigan. I go to this June Michigan art festival each summer!
- Funtown Chowdown Food Truck Festival Frankenmuth, 2021. June 10, July 8, August 12, and September 9. Pop on down to Frankenmuth River Place Shops (925 South Main Street, Frankenmuth, MI). Admission: FREE, Time: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Support food trucks from across Michigan! Featuring around 20 food trucks, including a dessert option.
- Pictured Rocks Days, June 12-13, 2021. Sat. 10am – 6pm, Sun. 10am – 4pm. Bayshore Park, Munising. Free Music, food, kids entertainment, beer tent and more!
- Festival of Cars Huron Street, June 2021 Cancelled. See you June 2022 TBD, South Haven, 7:30am–4pm Free
- Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuse Wildlife Drive opens!! Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge, 6975 Mower Road, Saginaw, MI. The Wildlife Drive is closed to help the refuge with it’s most vital function, providing a resting stop (habitat) for migratory waterfowl. The auto tour is scheduled to re-open June 1st, 2021- Sept. 30th, 2021. Refuge opens May 1st.
- Iris’s are usually blooming the first week of June! Visit the Iris Farm in Traverse City! Call to check if they are blooming. One of my favorite June Michigan things to do!
- Summer Art Fair, June 5-6, 2021 Downtown Midland This outside Michigan art fair is a blast! Shop glass, jewelry, fiber, metal, wood and so much more!
- Annual Mustang Show, June 5, 2021, 8 a.m Tapper Ford, Paw Paw, MI.
- Frankenmuth Bavarian Festival– June 10-13, 2021 in Downtown Frankenmuth. The Main Tent will be located in Zehnder park.
- “Remember When” Cruise & Car Show, June 4, 2021, Downtown Holland | 5–9pm | Free. Cruise at 8:30 p.m.
- Mackinac Island Lilac Festival– June 4 through 13, 2021. (Future planning: June 3-12, 2022). The Mackinac Island Lilac Festival is an incredible 10-day celebration. It’s the first and largest summer event on the Island! Festivities include the coronation of the Lilac Festival Queen and Court, Lilac Festival 10K, horse drawn carriage tours, numerous concerts, wine tastings, A Taste of Mackinac Culinary Event, Mackinac Island Dog and Pony Show, the Lilac Festival Grand Parade (June 13, 2021) and so much more. Schedule of Events
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Fair, June 4-5, 2021, KIA Beer Garden & Bronson Park, Kalamazoo, Free. I’ve gone to this art show every year, it’s in such a great location with shade trees, grass and paved walkways. One of my favorite June Michigan things to do!
- Ya’Ssoo Greek Festival, June 11-13, 2021, St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 3109 Scio Church Road, Ann Arbor, MI. Weekend full of Greek music, food, dancing and BAKLAVA!!
- Art on the River, Art and Music Festival, Fri, Jun 11 – Sun, Jun 13, 2021. Kiefer Park, Bard St, Port Huron, MI Don’t miss this three day art and music festival! Friday night dance party, beer tent with Michigan craft beers and wine available.
- Vicksburg Old Car Festival, June 12, 2021, E. Kalamazoo Street and Prairie Street, Vicksburg, MI
- Longest Breakfast Table and National Cereal Festival, June 2021 Cancelled, 25 McCamly Street, Battle Creek, MI Share in the history of eating breakfast during the FREE World’s Longest Breakfast Table! Choose from several Kellogg and Post cereals with your choice in milk or juice; it surely will satisfy your taste buds! Awesome June Michigan event!
- Riverside Art Festival, June 12, 13, 2021 901 Saginaw St, Bay City, MI. Annual YWCA Riverside Art Festival includes over 100 artists lined along Water Street and Center Avenue.
- Tour the Tawas Point Lighthouse, Tawas, Friends of the Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park will be welcoming visitors to the lighthouse for a donation. Visitors are free to tour the lighthouse at very specific times so check their website for more info. Ask questions, and climb the tower. A Recreation Passport is required to enter the State Park.
- Makers Trail Festival Weko Beach, June 12, 2021, 5239 Lake St Bridgman, 2–9 pm
- Vicksburg Old Car Festival, June 12, 2021, Downtown Vicksburg 9 am–4 pm Free
- Do-Dah Parade Downtown Kalamazoo, June 5, 2021, 11 am–12 pm, Free. Fun June Michigan event for the whole family! Traditional Parade Route Bronson Park Kalamazoo
- Cornwell’s Turkeyville, Flea Market and Vintage Fair, June 12, 2021, 18935 15 1/2 Mile Rd, Marshall, MI, Fun June Michigan event!
- Night Lights-Sky Lantern Festival, June 12, 2021, 3-9 p.m. Auto City Speedway, 10205 North Saginaw Road, Clio, MI. Cost $15-$65. Buy tickets early to save. Inspired by the traditional Thai Lantern Festival, Night Lights is an all-new and completely re-imagined sky lantern experience. Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime memory as lanterns are launched just after dusk. We’ve got our tickets for this June Michigan event!!
- Michigan International Speedway-Faster Horses Festival, July 16 – 18, 2021 Country music festival and camping. 12626 US-12, Brooklyn, MI.
- Hippies at the Village Festival, July 31-August 1, 2021,Collette’s Vintage & Art Mall Time: 11am to 8pm & 11am to 7pm. 5350 Davison Rd Burton, MI 48509 Art, Joy and Love. The festivals, events and shows are created with the community and interactive art in mind.
- Funtown Chowdown, Frankenmuth’s Annual Food Truck Festival is located at Frankenmuth River Place Shops! May 13, 2021; June 10, 2021; July 8, 2021; August 12, 2021; and September 9, 2021. 2 pm – 9 pm each date. Each festival will feature around 20 trucks from across Michigan with a variety of cuisine and desserts, live music, craft beer and more!
- Plainwell Days Arts & Crafts, June 12 2021, 9 AM – 5 PM, Hicks Park, 107-145 W Allegan St, Plainwell, MI. Such a fun June Michigan event!
- Murder Mystery Dinner, Henderson Castle, 100 Monroe Street, Kalamazoo. June 18, 2021 at 6 PM – 9 PM
- Annual Antique & Classic Boat Show, June 19, 2021, Michigan Maritime Museum, South Haven, Michigan, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission Fee. 260 Dyckman Ave, South Haven, MI 49090
- Bridgefest, Houghton, June 17-20, 2021, Bridgefest was organized to celebrate the Portage Lake Lift Bridge (est. 1959), which provides a vital link between the communities of Houghton and Hancock, as well as to the Keweenaw Peninsula. Vendors, live music, helicopter rides and more!
- Harbor Fest, June 18, 19, 2021, South Haven. Dragonboat races, games, great eats, entertainment and more! What a fun June Michigan festival!
- Presque Isle Harbor Wooden Boat Show, June 18 – 19, 2021, The Presque Isle Harbor, 5462 E Grand Lake Rd. Presque Isle, MI 49777
- Antique & Classic Boat Show, June 19, 2021, Michigan Maritime Museum, South Haven, 10 am –4 pm.
- Lake Michigan Shore Wine Festival, (June 2021 No Info Avail), Warren Dunes State Park, Sawyer 1–9:30 pm
- Town Crier Races: June 17, 2021, 5K, 10K & Half Marathon Saugatuck High School, 8 am. 401 Elizabeth Street, Saugatuck, MI
- Bay-Rama Fishfly Festival, June 23-27, 2021. New Baltimore, MI, Midway games and rides, family games, bands and entertainment!
- St. Ignace Car Show Weekend, June 24-27, 2021, 6 Spring Street, St. Ignace, MI. The St. Ignace Car Show is one of the largest all-make, all-model shows in the country. See hundreds of antique, custom, and celebrity automobiles on display.
- Guided cruises with cruise captains, “motor medics”, and special deals and discounts along the way
- Participation in awards ceremony and chance to win
- Commemorative gift
- Inclusion in downtown street show, if restrictions allow
- Drive In Movie
- Live Music
- Vendor Village
- Featured Vehicle Lot
- Special Guests
- Pfaff Designs St. Ignace Cup Presented by Amsoil
- Bridge Fare north and south for Muscle on the Mac
- Keepsake Arts and Crafts Shows In Frankenmuth’s Zehnder Park:
- June 18, 19, 20, 2021 Father’s Day Weekend
- July 30, 31 and August 1, 2021 – Antique Fire Muster
- August 20, 21, 22, 2021
- September 10, 11, 12, 2021 – Historical Museum Lot, Auto Fest Show
- September 17, 18, 19, 2021 – Oktoberfest
- October 1, 2, 3, 2021 – Fall Fest
- Three Rivers Water Festival, Downtown Three Rivers, June 17-19, 2021, Enjoy a Water Festival parade, car show, 5K/one mile fun run, Kids Zone, food vendors, monster truck rides, concerts, fireworks and the Scidmore Park arts and crafts show and more!
- Lansing Beer Fest, June 11, 2022 (2021 is cancelled), 4:00 PM- 9 PM, Saddleback Brewery, 1147 S Washington Ave, Lansing, Michigan. What a fun June Michigan festival!
- Irish Fest 2021, June 18 and 19, 2021, Old Dog Tavern, Kalamazoo
- Detroit River Days, June 21-23, 2021, Detroit River Days festival takes place along the Detroit Riverfront in West Riverfront Park. Enjoy Detroit’s Riverwalk with activities on land and water. See jet-ski demos, listen to live music, build sand sculptures, enjoy delicious eats and much more! Admission to River Days is $5.
- World’s Largest Food Truck Rally during Detroit River Days, June 21-23, 2021. According to Guinness, the world record for the largest parade of food trucks stands at 121 at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa in 2014. Detroit plans to beat that during Detroit River Days! So come on out to be a part of the world record! What an awesome June Michigan event in Detroit!
- Marshall Blues Festival, June 2021 CANCELLED, Downtown Marshall, 3–11 pm, Free
(Sound on for the video!) I did a bit of narrating! 😉
- Fenn Valley Wine Festival, June 2021 Cancelled, Fenn Valley Vineyards, Fennville, 1–6 pm.
- Bay Harbor (Petoskey) Vintage Car and Boat Festival, Sat, Jun 24-26, 2021, The highlight of Vintage Car and Boat Show is the parade of vintage cars and display of vintage boats, that happens on Saturday at 10:00 am. FREE! Perfect things to do in June!
- Charlevoix Summer Art Show, Saturday, June 26, 2021 – June 27, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at East Park, 408 Bridge St, Charlevoix, MI. The show features quality art displayed on the shore of scenic Round Lake Harbor.
- Grand Haven Art Festival, June 26 and June 27, 2021, Downtown Grand Haven, MI
- Lakeshore Art Festival, June 26, 2021, 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Enjoy fantastic fine art, handcrafted goods, music, food, and fun in downtown Muskegon, Michigan. There will be approximately 350 juried fine art and specialty craft exhibitors, artisan food market, street performers, multiple interactive art stations, Chalk The Walk, and more!
- Lunch in Lavender, 7354 Horton Bay Rd. North, Boyne City, MI Lavender Hill Farm, Boyne City. Lunch in Lavender will take place every Wednesday from June until August except for July 4th.
- Allegan Antiques Market, Allegan County Fair, 150 Douglas Street, Allegan, MI. June 27, 2021
- Michigan Challenge Balloon Fest-June 25-June 27, 2021, Howell High School 1200 W. Grand River Ave, Howell, MI. The Michigan Challenge Balloonfest is the state championship of hot-air ballooning and a family event held on schools grounds.
We hope you enjoyed our exciting June Michigan events and fun!
Michigan Upper Peninsula Events, Festivals and Things to Do!
Pictured Rocks Days, June 12-13, 2021. Sat. 10am – 6pm, Sun. 10am – 4pm. Bayshore Park, Munising. Free Music, food, kids entertainment, beer tent and more!
Don’t miss a moment of June Michigan fun! Join our newsletter to have events and fun delivered directly to your inbox!
What Michigan Events Are Coming Up Next?
Find lots of inspiration and fun things to do all year on our Instagram page! TravelingMichigan
We would love to hear your ideas!
Share your Michigan events, stories, photos and ideas! We love to be inspired!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page…
Event Centers in Michigan
Don’t forget to check these Michigan event centers/theaters/auditoriums across Michigan for concerts, events, shows or comedy entertainment!
Being bored sucks! Never miss another event! Join our network of Traveling Michigan Explorers! Be a part of this amazing community of travelers!
Check Out Our Traveling Michigan Videos on Youtube!
Check out our off-road Keweenaw Peninsula adventures on YouTube!
Traveling Michigan Home Page